Contest Rules & Regulations
To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true. I have read, understood and complied with all requirements for submission, and I agree to the terms outlined in the General for the Columbia Festival, Inc. dba Columbia Festival of the Arts. I further acknowledge and represent that:
- The story is my own original content. The Columbia Festival of the Arts and the Horizon Foundation of Howard County are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or misappropriated entries. The Columbia Festival of the Arts and the Horizon Foundation of Howard County are not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries.
- Stories should be no more than 7 minutes long. Storytellers are responsible for uploading their own audio files using the submission page.
- Selected storytellers will receive a $50 gift card. Stories will be selected based on length, audio quality and relevance to the topic. Gift cards will be sent via email to the storyteller whose name appears on the story submission page. Selected storytellers will be notified by email, and will have 14 (fourteen) days to verify their email address before the gift card is issued. Priority will be given to residents of Howard County.
- Consent forms for storytellers under the age of 18 must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Entry constitutes permission to use the winning storyteller’s name, story, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- Columbia Festival of the Arts and the Horizon Foundation of Howard County are under no obligation to provide comments regarding submitted stories.
- Announcements: Selected stories will be announced on or prior to November 20, 2020. Announcements will be sent to the email address provided with each story submission and will also be posted on columbiafestival.org.
- The individual submitting the story hereby warrants that they are authorized to commit the story for play, screening, exhibition, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. This story is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Columbia Festival of the Arts, Columbia Festival, Inc., Horizon Foundation of Howard County, and its agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, air play, and loss of or damage to the media files entered.
- For more information, contact email@example.com.